Wednesday, August 15, 2018

My Fall ACE Schedule now available; Purple Pesto; Mint Ice Cream

Post Date: 15 August 2018

 
With my ACE classes finished for the summer, I will concentrate on finishing my Summer 2018 Ice Cream Project and getting ready for my first ACE class in late September, Up Your Tailgate Game.  I will also be working on a cookbook which I hope to have out in 2019.
Mint Ice Cream

 
I continued my Summer 2018 Ice Cream Project with a batch of Mint Ice Cream.  My mint plants are doing well, so I was easily able to get the required 1 cup of mint leaves.  With the exception of the substitution of mint leaves, the recipe is the same as the Basil Ice Cream I made a few weeks ago – milk, heavy cream, egg yolks, pinch of Kosher salt.  It was delicious and a nice addition to my repertoire.  
Purple Pesto
My 2 Purple Basil plants are doing great, so I decided to make a “purple” pesto.  Aside from the color of the basil, the rest of the recipe was the traditional one – the basil, olive oil, pine nuts, parmesan, and black pepper.  I usually do not add salt to my pesto as the parmesan seems to make it salty enough for me, but I always taste just to make sure. I served it on Farfalle (bowtie) pasta.
 
Growing next to the basil is a batch of Golden Oregano.  Later this week I’m going to try an experiment by adding ½ cup of the oregano to the purple basil when I make the pesto again.  We’ll see how it comes out.
 

Reminder – Instagam
 
Follow me on Instagram at #senseichef.  I look forward to your comments on my posts, culinary and otherwise.
 
Upcoming Classes
Here is my schedule for the fall term.
 
 
September 26 and October 3 – Wednesday Evening – Up Your Tailgate Game – Plum Center



 
October 12, 19, and 26 – Friday Evening – Cooking Basics 101 – Plum Center
 


November 10 – Saturday Morning – Holiday in Sicily – Plum Center
 
November 27, December 4 and 11 – Tuesday Evenings - Easy Gourmet Meals/One Step Further – Plum Center
 
To register for these classes, or any ACE cooking classes, please go to:
 
 
While there, be sure to check out the other culinary courses offered by ACE’s excellent chef instructors.
 
Till next time, keep cooking.
 
Contact Chef Kevin at: KJBrady@fcps.edu                          


 

 

 


 


 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I am happy to find your distinguished way of writing the post. Now you make it easy for me to understand and implement the concept. Thank you for the post. culinary team building singapore

    ReplyDelete