Thursday, February 1, 2018

Upcoming ACE Classes

Post Date: 1 February 2018



ACE Class – Classic Italian Sauces Concludes

 
This 2 session class concluded last Saturday.  In this class we made a Pesto Sauce with Spinach, Amatriciana Sauce made with Pancetta, and Bolognese Sauce (student dishes pictured above).  I hope to offer this class again in the future with 6 different sauces.   
 
Next ACE Class - Japanese Cooking in Your American Kitchen
 
 
This 2 session class meets on Wednesday evenings February 7 and 14 at the Plum Center in Springfield.  This week I ran through the recipes I am planning for the first session next Wednesday.  Pictured above is Baked Salmon with a Red Miso Glaze.  I added a little more miso paste to the mixture to thicken the glaze.  Blow is a picture of a Beef Curry.  Instead of adding water to the pan I used Low Sodium Beef Broth and peas instead of grape tomatoes.  The third dish I did was a chicken Teriyaki with the sauce made right in the pan.
 
 
 
Future ACE Class - Soup and Stew for a Snowy Day
 
This class will met later in February, on Saturdays the 17th and 24th.  Last time I did the class we made a Sweet Chili.  This time I am playing with the idea of doing a chili with an Italian accent.  More to come on that in a later post.  We will also be making a Ribollita , a type of Italian vegetable soup (pictured above).
 
Reminder – Instagam
Follow me on Instagram at #senseichef.  I look forward to your comments on my posts, culinary and otherwise.
 
Upcoming Classes
Here is my schedule for the winter term.
 
February 7 and 14 – Wednesday Evening – Japanese Cooking in an American Kitchen – Plum Center
 
February 17 and 24 – Saturday Morning - Soup and Stew for a Snowy Day – Plum Center.
 
March 3, 9, and 23 – Friday Evening – Cooking Basics 101 – Plum Center
 
To register for these classes, or any ACE cooking classes, please go to:
 
http://www.fcps.edu/is/ace/


 
While there, be sure to check out the other culinary courses offered by ACE’s excellent chef instructors.
 
Till next time, keep cooking.
 
Contact Chef Kevin at: KJBrady@fcps.edu                          

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment