Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Classic Italian Sauces Class Concludes; Pepping for Japanese Cooking in Your Americab Kitchen Class; Another Mediterranean DIet Dish

Post Date: 24 January 2018


ACE Class – Classic Italian Sauces Concludes This Weekend


This 2 session class concludes this Saturday, January 27.  In this class we will be making a Pesto Sauce with Spinach, Amatriciana Sauce made with Pancetta, and my take on Bolognese Sauce (pictured above).


ACE Class - Japanese Cooking in Your American Kitchen
 


This 2 session class meets on Wednesday evenings February 7 and 14 at the Plum Center in Springfield.  I have started going through the recipes for this class.  Last night I made the Japanese Beef Curry with Tomatoes pictured above.  I think I will make a few revisions to deepen the flavor, then do another test run next week.  Tonight I will be making Yakitori for my Sumi-e painting group meeting.  Next week I’ll also be doing Hibachi Fried Rice.


Grilled Turkey Cutlets
This is another recipe from Prevention Magazine’s cookbook Mediterranean Table.  Since it is part of a cookbook individual recipes are not available for download, but I have included below a link to the book on Amazon in case you are interested.
 
The Turkey Cutlets were first marinated in Olive Oil, Lemon Juice, and fresh Rosemary; I then cooked them on a counter top griddle.  It was served with a salad of Tomato, Baby Spinach, and Diced Red Onion on top – very tasty and easy to prepare.
 
https://www.amazon.com/Prevention-Mediterranean-Table-Vibrant-Lifelong/dp/1635650224
 
 
Reminder – Instagam
 
Follow me on Instagram at #senseichef.  I look forward to your comments on my posts, culinary and otherwise.
 
Upcoming Classes
 
Here is my schedule for the winter term:
 
February 7 and 14 – Wednesday Evening – Japanese Cooking in an American Kitchen – Plum Center
 
February 17 and 24 – Saturday Morning - Soup and Stew for a Snowy Day – Plum Center.
 
March 3, 9, and 23 – Friday Evening – Cooing Basics 101 – Plum Center
 
To register for these classes, or any ACE cooking classes, please go to:
 
 
While there, be sure to check out the other culinary courses offered by ACE’s excellent chef instructors.
 
Till next time, keep cooking.
 
Contact Chef Kevin at: KJBrady@fcps.edu                          
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment