Sunday, June 19, 2016

Quick Weeknight Dinners Class at the Plum Center continues; Panna Cotta with Fresh Berries

Post Date: 19 June 2016



As we head into summer, I am gearing up for desserts.  The Panna Cotta (shown above) is the first.  I also had a chance on a recent train trip to catch up on my cooking magazines and found some nice recipes I am eager to try.  I plan to make a Strawberry Terrine and a Watermelon Granita, among others.  I also got out the ice cream maker, so I’ll be going back to a few of my favorite flavors (flavorites), like Coffee and Strawberry.

Quick Weeknight Dinners


                                                          Avocado Tomato Basil Salad


                                 Orange Tarragon Chicken with Roasted Rosemary Potatoes


Pictured above are 2 dishes from last week’s opening session, an Avocado, Tomato, and Basil Salad and Orange Tarragon Chicken with Roasted Rosemary Potatoes with Panko.
Session 2 of this class meets this Tuesday at 6:30 at the Plum Center.  We will be preparing 4 dishes –a Quick Salad, Mixed Roasted Vegetables (pictured below), Sautéed Pork Chops with an Apricot Sauce, and Curried Shrimp with Vegetable in a Teriyaki Sauce.



Panna Cotta

Pictured at the top of this post is the finished product, relatively easy to make but needs several hours in the fridge to harden.  It is topped with a Strawberry and Blueberry Gazpacho.  I placed the berries in a metal bowl, added sugar, orange juice, lemon juice, and a basil sprig.  I covered the bowl with plastic wrap, then placed it over a pot of simmering water for 10 minutes.  After it cooled, I placed the bowl in the fridge.  What’s nice about this is that you get not only the berries but also the juice to pour on the Panna Cotta.

Here is the link to the Panna Cotta recipe I used. I found it on Epicurious:

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/panna-cotta-14224
 
Reminder - Instagam

Follow me on Instagram at #senseichef.  I look forward to your comments on my posts, culinary and otherwise.

Upcoming Classes

Here are my classes for the rest spring and the summer term. 

July 9 – Saturday Morning – Farmhouse Dinner in Provence – Plum Center

July 19, 20, 21 – Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday Evening – Cooking Basics for Young Adults – Plum Center – different format, 3 straight evenings.

July 24, 31, August 7 – Sunday Afternoon – Cooking Basics 101 – Plum Center

 
To register for this class, or any ACE cooking classes, please go to:

http://www.fcps.edu/is/ace/specialinterest.shtml and scroll down to the Culinary section

While there, be sure to check out the other culinary courses offered by ACE’s excellent chef instructors.

Till next time, keep cooking.

Contact Chef Kevin at: KJBrady@fcps.edu                                                           





No comments:

Post a Comment