Wednesday, May 2, 2018

ACE Cooking Class “Easy Gourmet Meals” concludes; Next ACE Class – Cooking Basics 101 begins this Saturday, May 5; Mediterranean Dish - Kofta.

Post Date 2 May 2018

 
As April concluded with a beautiful full moon rising on Sunday night and May is stating out like midsummer, it is time for me to start thinking about summer dishes and classes.  One of my summer classes at ACE is Summer Soups.  Two summers ago I assigned myself an ice cream project.  I did not make any last summer, but the Lemon Olive Oil Ice Cream I made a few weeks ago has inspired me to take up the project again this summer with a variety of new flavors, plus some old favorites.  I’ll be writing about them in future posts.
 
 
ACE Class- Easy Gourmet Meals
 
 
This class concluded last Friday, April 30.  Our featured dish was baked Tilapia Italiana with a warm Goat Cheese and Pear Salad (pictured above).  Our other salad was Orange Couscous and other entrée was Beef Teriyaki with Jasmine Rice.



 

I plan to offer v2.0 of this class in the Fall 2018 quarter with all new recipes.
 
 
Next ACE Class – Cooking Basics 101
 
This class begins Saturday morning, May 5, at the Plum Center.  For our first session our featured dish will be Pan Fried Chicken Italiano with Blanched Broccoli.  We will flour the chicken, season it with Italian Seasonings, dip it in an egg wash, then coat it with Panko Breadcrumbs. Our salad will be a Chickpea Salad, and for desert we will make a no bake Blueberry Ricotta Parfait.  We will also be covering basic knife skills and safe food handling techniques.
Mediterranean Dish - Turkey Kofta
 
This is another recipe I made from Prevention Magazine’s Mediterranean Table cookbook. It is a Middle Eastern dish that calls for ground lamb, but I could not find any at the supermarket so I used ground turkey.  I cooked them on skewers on my counter top griddle, along with Zucchini strips.  They are served with a cold sauce made from Plain Greek Yogurt, Tahini Paste, Lemon Juice, and Minced Garlic.  It is a great summer dish so will be making it again as the weather gets warmer.
 
 
Reminder – Instagam
 
Follow me on Instagram at #senseichef.  I look forward to your comments on my posts, culinary and otherwise.
 
Upcoming Classes
 
Here is my schedule for the rest of the spring term.  The summer schedule will be put soon.
 
June 1 and 8 – Friday Evening – Off the Beaten Track in Provence – Plum Center
 
June 23 and 30 – Saturday Morning – Dolci Italiani II/Italian Desserts – Woodson High School
 
To register for these classes, or any ACE cooking classes, please go to:
 
 
While there, be sure to check out the other culinary courses offered by ACE’s excellent chef instructors.
 
Till next time, keep cooking.
 
Contact Chef Kevin at: KJBrady@fcps.edu                          
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment