Wednesday, April 18, 2018

ACE Cooking Class “Easy Gourmet Meals” continues; Banana Pudding Italiana; Another Mediterranean Diet Dish – Mussels in Ouzo

Post Date: 18 April 2018


ACE Class- Easy Gourmet Meals

 
Session 2 of this 3 session class meets this Friday evening at 6:30 PM.  Last week we made two salads, Tuscan Bean Salad (pictured above) and a Spinach and Stilton Cheese salad.  For our main courses we made Chicken and Vegetables roasted in parchment paper and Curry Shrimp with Teriyaki Vegetables.
 
This week we will be making a Chickpea Salad and my take on a Waldorf Salad; Blanched Broccoli; Baked Salmon with Mustard and Panko Bread Crumbs; and Cacio e Pepe, a classic pasta dish.
 
Banana Pudding Italiana
 
We made a Banana Pudding in a class a few weeks ago, and it got me thinking.  I have version 2.0 of my Italian Desserts class coming up in June, so what about doing an Italian riff on the traditional banana pudding. So I made the one pictured above using Marscapone cheese and Amoretti cookies.  It came out quite nice, so I’ll be adding it to the class menu.
Mediterranean Diet Dishes – Mussels Cooke in Ouzo
 
This is another dish I made form Prevention Magazine’s Mediterranean Table cookbook.  It was quick and delicious and get me the excuse to use the Ouzo I had bought for a different recipe.  I served it on a bed of Couscous with Peas.
 
Reminder – Instagam
 
Follow me on Instagram at #senseichef.  I look forward to your comments on my posts, culinary and otherwise.

 Upcoming Classes
 
Here is my schedule for the rest of the spring term.  The summer schedule will be put soon.
 May 5, 12, and 19 – Saturday Morning – Cooking Basics 101 – Plum Center
 
June 1 and 8 – Friday Evening – Off the Beaten Track in Provence – Plum Center


 
June 23 and 30 – Saturday Morning – Dolci Italiani II/Italian Desserts – Woodson High School
To register for these classes, or any ACE cooking classes, please go to:
 
 
While there, be sure to check out the other culinary courses offered by ACE’s excellent chef instructors.
 
Till next time, keep cooking.
 
Contact Chef Kevin at: KJBrady@fcps.edu                          
 

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment