Friday, April 1, 2016

50th Blog Post; Our Easter Dinner; My Classes in April; A.C.E. 60th Anniversary Celebration.

Post Date: 1 April 2016



This is the 50th edition of this blog. I hope you enjoy reading it and find it helpful and informative.  We had 16 people for Easter dinner; it was a fun challenge to get the various dishes ready at the same time. And we did it!  I have no A.C.E. classes this week, but have 2 starting the week of April 11.  And in late May I will be doing a cooking demo at the A.C.E. 60th anniversary celebration.

Easter Sunday Dinner

 
We went outside of the box this year, with nothing that one would consider part of a traditional Easter meal.  We had Tuscan White Bean Salad and a Fruit Salad, the latter courtesy of my sister-in-law, to start.  The main courses were roasted Panko-Mustard Chicken Breasts and Poached Salmon with a Soy, Sesame Oil, and Lemon sauce.  The salmon was served cold.  We also had Spaghetti with Broccoli, courtesy of my daughter, and baked Red Skin potatoes, one of my wife’s go-to dishes for large gatherings.  We also had Carrots roasted with Lemon Slices and fresh Thyme Sprigs (pictured above).  Dessert was a mélange of cake, cupcakes, and brownies made by another sister-in-law. 
A.C.E. 60th Anniversary Party
On Sunday afternoon May 22, A.C.E. will be hosting a 60th anniversary celebration at the Plum Center in Springfield.  There will be presentations and demonstrations by instructors in the various A.C.E. programs.  I will be doing a cooking demo, and will provide more details on what I will be doing in a future post.  In the meantime, mark your calendars for May 22.  I hope to see you there.
Upcoming Classes
I have two classes coming up in April, Cooking Basics 101 on Tuesdays April 12, 19 and 26; and No Bake Desserts on Friday April 15.  The Friday one is a morning class.
 
Reminder - Instagam
Follow me on Instagram at #senseichef.  I look forward to your comments on my posts, culinary and otherwise.
 
Upcoming Classes
Spring schedule and catalogue is out.  Here are my classes for the spring term.
April 12, 19, and 26 – Tuesday Evening – Cooking Basics 101 – Plum Center
April 15 – Friday Morning – No Bake Desserts – Plum Center
May 10 – Tuesday Evening – Holiday in Sicily – Woodson High School
May 19, 26, June 2 – Thursday Evening – Cooking Basics 101 – Herndon High School
May 22 – Sunday Afternoon – Cooking Demo at A.C.E. 60th Anniversary Celebration – Plum Center
May 27 – Friday Evening – Date Night Cooking for Novice Cooks – Plum Center
To register for this class, or any ACE cooking classes, please go to:
http://www.fcps.edu/is/ace/specialinterest.shtml and scroll down to the Culinary section
While there, be sure to check out the other culinary courses offered by ACE’s excellent chef instructors.
Till next time, keep cooking.
Contact Chef Kevin at: KJBrady@fcps.edu                                                           
 

No comments:

Post a Comment